Imaging @ Olympic Park is an Accredited Day Procedure Centre, this means that patients undergoing certain procedures can be admitted as an ‘inpatient’.
The following information is for patients who are visiting Imaging @ Olympic Park as an inpatient for a procedure and returning home the same day.
When booking an appointment we will collect the following information from you before calling your health fund to check your co-payment/excess:
- Full Name and Date of Birth
- Contact Number
- Medicare Number
- If applicable, any pension, health care or Veteran Affairs details
- If applicable. Workcover or TAC details
- Next of Kin details
How do I prepare for a procedure?
- Do not smoke for at least 12 hours before a procedure.
- Our nurse will contact you a day or two before the procedure to discuss your medical history and any medication you are taking. They will also give you an arrival time for your admittance.
- For procedures before midday, do not eat or drink after midnight the night before.
- You must have a driver to drive you home from our clinic
- A responsible adult is required to stay with you overnight
What do I need to bring?
Please bring the following items:
- Your DPC kit (this will be posted to you to fill out prior to your admission)
- Any previous medical imaging
- Medication list
- Please do not wear make-up or nail polish, and do not bring valuables such as money or jewellery. Wear comfortable walking shoes or slippers and loose clothing. Pyjamas and dressing gowns are not required. All necessary clothing will be provided.
What kind of anaesthetic will be given?
Your doctor will advise you on the type of anaesthetic to be administered after questioning and examining you to assess your:
- medical history
- drug allergies
- current illnesses or infections
- medicines, tablets or drugs you are taking. Please bring the containers or a list of the drugs you have taken in the last month.
What happens after the procedure?
You may feel slightly drowsy after the procedure, and for 24 hours you must not:
- drive a vehicle
- operate machinery
- drink alcohol
- take sedatives, unless prescribed
- sign any important legal documents
What happens when I leave Imaging @ Olympic Park?
When you leave you will receive instructions with advice on activity, eating, and drinking, as well as who to contact if problems arise.
Further queries press below ...